Designing a Web site requires a high level of creativity. But a more calculated approach is needed for Search Engine Optimization. We start each SEO project with a careful analysis of your competition. Once we understand why they are ahead, we can assemble a strategy to get you into the lead.
To date, the Herkimer team has optimized more than twenty-five of our clients’ sites to achieve first-page results.
In just a few short years, search engine marketing has become more important to business than the yellow pages. And just like phone-book advertising, it is possible to spend a lot of money and still miss your target market. –Without the right keywords and metrics you risk spending time and money without a return.
We will work with you to ensure that your SEO strategy is valid for your business. After all, the best SEO strategies are not only Google-focused, they are customer-focused.
There is a difference in getting to the top, and staying at the top. We will provide you with a long-term strategy that balances your time and SEO budget in a sustainable way.
Search Engine Optimization FAQs
Do you guarantee first place ranking?
Can I compete on a National or International Level for search results?
I have received numerous unsolicited emails from SEO companies. Are they legitimate, and how do you differ in your approach?
What is your technique for getting results?
Can I do any of the Search Engine Optimization on my own?
A: Guaranteeing first-place rankings without first assessing your site and its competitors, is dishonest and unethical. We will assess your competition using your keywords, and armed with that information, we can predict your expected results.
A: Maybe. If your product is unique you will achieve better results with less expense. If competition is strong for your keywords, then the task of optimizing your needs will be much more calculated and intensive.
(For many industries, your competitors may have a full-time employee writing targeted articles for SEO every day. If you have the same type of commitment - it is definitely possible to compete, but it is not easy.)
A: They may be legitimate. Here are two questions you can ask, to help you find out:
- May I have three references from happy customers in my industry?
- Do you offer a money-back guarantee, if my site does not achieve a first-page ranking?
Here are a few additional things that you should consider:
- Do they charge you on a monthly basis?
This is one way that we differ in our approach. Herkimer charges SEO work by the hour for time we actually spend on your project. Many companies charge a flat monthly rate in excess of $1000 per month. The problem with this approach is that once you have a #1 ranking – you are paying for the privilege, not for work actually being done. Why pay extra to stay right where you are?
- How do they plan to get your site ranked well with the search engines?
There are approved/ethical methods of getting your site ranked called "white-hat" techniques; this is the only approach we take. There are also "black-hat" techniques that are not entirely ethical. They may be successful initially, but you will be penalized by search engines in the long run. Some of these techniques may cause you to lose your Google Places, Adwords or other accounts and will get you black-listed by search engines.
Some black-hat techniques to avoid:
- Link Farming: A company offers link exchanges but they may be hacking sites to get these promised links to you. You should only put quality, relevant links on your site and ask for the same in return.
- Key word stuffing: If you your content reads like it was made for search engines – not only will your customers hate reading it, but you will be penalized. Shoot for solid keywords densities but avoid exceeding a ratio of 3% keywords to total text content.
- Saturating markets that you are not in: If you want to compete in a market for a keyword – you should actually be serving that market.
- Hidden Text: Using text that is only visible by bots and not humans. (You’ll be penalized.)
- Landing/Doorway pages: Adding landing pages that are farming pages, “Spamdexing” pages.
- Content Scraping: Never use blogs that copy original content and republish to several additional blogs with different keywords or markets. Typically software is used to copy an original blog post that you write and re-publishes it to several domains that you own making changes to keywords and re-generating the content with different styles and sites typically with a link back to your main site. This will yield results initially but your site will be penalized and black listed.
Q: What is your technique for getting results?
A: We use your competition as our benchmark. Our approach is then to write content that makes your customers' experience better while providing quality information that contains your keywords. When you keep your customer in mind, then keywords come naturally. In addition, we will optimize your site to load quickly, and inform search engines where to find the information they need efficiently. When your web is easy to use and provides compelling information, search engines will reward you with a better ranking.
A: Absolutely! You are an integral part of the process. With input from you, we can identify the types of content-rich information to present to customers. In addition, if you have a Content Management System you are able to edit keywords, titles and image titles on your own, saving you even more money.
The Next Step
Give us a call to get started with your custom SEO roadmap.